Youth and Family Circle have been engaging Twin Cities youth to help provide a structured and optimistic life for the last eight years. Our most important program we have been running is our annual summer camp.
Our camps provide a positive environment that serves as an alternative to the negative activities that are available to youth in our day. These camps have helped many of our young people overcome struggles and become better leaders in their families and their communities. They also are a preventative tool which instills good values into the younger generation.
Due to COVID-19, we have reduced the number of campers by 85% and will only be taking 25 campers this year. Below are some additional precautions that we will take to ensure our campers are safe:
– Testing for everyone who will be attending.
– Have a temperature measure with us all time.
– Everyone will carry a hand sanitizer all the times
– Everyone will be obligated to wear a MASK.
– Everyone will keep a 6 feet distance at all times.
– Activity and all areas will consistently be cleaned and sanitized.
– Activities will be rotated with a limited number per activity to make sure social distancing is also practiced in that matter
We need to raise $10,000 by August 15th in order to have camp this year.
Camp will take place the week of August 17th – 21st and below is a breakdown of our costs:
– $270/camper x 25 = $6,750
– Operational costs (camp rental, transportation, activities) = $3,250
We are a 501(C)(3) Tax-Deductible Organization and our Tax ID is 47-3565962.
This will be a HUGE life-changing moment for the kids, youth, and families in the Twin Cities (and a tremendous highlight of their summer!).
If you’d like to read coverage of our efforts please check out the link below for Our Summer Camp Story 2019 covered by MPR NEWS
In this day and time with the current pandemic taking place, it has struck our families financially, emotionally, mentally and physically. All of the families that we help are families who are underserved, vulnerable, and who fall through the cracks
Our families have been stretched extremely thin where basic essentials and needs have become very difficult to obtain. Our organization has begun working around the clock in addressing the pressing matters for our families who live in the 7-county metro especially in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Learn more about our efforts from coverage by Monitor St. Paul:
Your contribution will help make an impact in the following areas
– Food collection, distribution and basic needs for families.
– Home distancing educational seminars such as coping with this pandemic.
– Home distancing mental health support groups.
– Home distancing youth and family support groups.
– Families distancing school support for their kids due to parent’s barriers to understanding the language and unable to explain the content to their children.
If you would like to make a contribution to our effort please consider donating to our organization.
If you are in need of help relating to COVID-19 and live in the Twin Cities please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Our 2019 camp was a success! Check out the coverage from MPR News to see photos from this summer. We are excited to be featured and thank MPR News for covering another successful year of YFC that almost didn’t happen.
Every year diverse youth from the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota come together for five-days to explore outside of the city. Youth get a chance to learn how to fish, participate in educational seminars, discover outdoor activities like hiking, swimming, and boating, make new friends, and PLAY! Most of the youth who attend Youth and Family Circle have never spent time outside of the city before. YFC pushes them to discover new things about themselves and new interests that they would not otherwise be exposed to. We want our young adults to continue to explore our great state-help make this happen! Each year our youth ask us, “when is camp next year?” we need your help to continue allowing these kids to experience the joy they feel at camp!
Youth and Family Circle is a 501 c3 certified non-profit and your donation is tax-deductible.